The student will develop the following competencies in four areas that contribute to integral development, according to the University Model.
Knowledge Generation and Application
Capacity for independent learning
Ability of reflective thinking
Critical and self-critical capacity
Capacity for abstraction, analysis and synthesis
Ability to learn and update permanently
Oral and written communication skills
Skills to search, process and analyze information
Applicable in Context
Skill for collaborative work
Ability to apply knowledge in practice
Ability to formulate and manage projects
Ability to identify, formulate and solve problems
Ability to motivate and lead towards common goals
Ability to make decisions
Knowledge about the area of study and the profession
Ability to express and communicate
Participation with social responsibility
Ability to organize time
Capacity for teamwork
Skills to work in diverse cultural contexts
Self-determination and self-care
Commitment to sustainability
Commitment to its sociocultural environment
Respect for diversity and multiculturalism
The specific competences have been adjusted to ensure their congruence with the LGAC that cultivates the program and the opportunity for graduates to continue their training in doctoral programs or to be successfully inserted in the workplace.
Within the scope of their profession, the MBIByC graduate will have developed competencies, knowledge, skills and attitudes or values that will allow him to be able to:
Knowledge and / or skills
1. Use basic methodological concepts and tools of ecological and genetic analysis to study the evolution, structure, functioning, management and conservation of biological diversity
2. Analyze problems associated with the maintenance of biological diversity at different levels of organization, from genetic to that of ecosystems for the elaboration of diagnoses and integral solutions proposals.
3. Contribute to the planning and development of scientific projects on the evolution, structure and functioning of biodiversity to promote its conservation.
4. Manage financing from national and international, public and private funds for the development of projects that promote the analysis, management and conservation of biodiversity.
Attitudes and / or values
5. Use approaches that favor interdisciplinary work for the study, management and conservation of biological diversity.
6. Ensure compliance with current regulations on environmental issues to streamline the management and conservation of species and protected natural areas.